Antonio de la Fe is a Spanish choreographer and performer based in London with a background in physiotherapy and Pilates. After coming relatively late to dance and initially studying it in Madrid, they came to London in 2006 where they completed a Performance MA at The Place, writing on The Creation of Solo Choreography Through Deep Engagement with The Application of Mental Imagery Specific Processes for his thesis. Since then, the has danced for Florence Peake, Matthias Sperling, Jonathan Lunn, Eva Recacha, Carla Onni, Annie Lok, Melita Spahic and Riccardo Buscarini and his choreographed works include the Place Prize finalist piece (2011) Cameo, an open OPENLAB: a hybrid, Va por Vds., and A void. They are also a co-founder of the performance collective anthologyofamess.
Antonio was a recipient of the BBC Performing Arts Fund Fellowship, with support from Independent Dance, in 2015. During this fellowship, they worked on researching and developing their Unrehearsed Series (Crocodile, Make Me Cool, A Piece for Two: Lovers). Currently, they are expanding on the idea of the Unrehearsed Series and developing a set of choreographic practices under the name Speculative Choreographies.
Since 2016, Antonio has been part of the 4th Klein Technique™ Teacher Certification Program with Susan Klein.
Sessions facilitated by Antonio:
- Moveo Ergo Sum – Friday 25 January 2019.
- … this list is in progress …
- Superheroes, Powers & Spellbinding – Friday 15 February 2013.
- A visit to Antony Gormley’s “Model” exhibition – Thursday7 February 2013.
- “Chi.” Bring It On! – Thursday 10 January 2013.
- OPENLAB Intensive Week – 10-14 December 2012.
- On Coldness – Wednesday 5 December 2012.