OPENLAB sessions with anthologyofamess
Fridays 10 January, 14 February and 13 March 2020
General Waste I, II & III
Research Studio | 10 am-1 pm | £7 suggested donation
The anthologyofamess collective comes together to develop, and share with others in the studio, concepts and ideas that form part of their current performance exploration for General Waste (work-in-progress). At a time when a collective awareness of climate collapse, political crises and the distinct possibility of society’s final disintegration has finally arisen, they will gather and lay down their fears and wishes about this manifestly uncertain future.
anthologyofamess would like to invite others to investigate with them notions of present, future and post-future worlds.
In the three OPENLAB sessions run throughout the Spring Term by anthologyofamess, they will aim to explore the following concepts:
- Meaningless privileges which die hard
- Nature only subsisting in digital form
- Phantasmagoric memories being rendered over and over again
- “Home” as the last suitable habitats.
- Poetry, sensibility and unconditional love as a solution to the subjugating forces of self-imposed automatised systems of human control.
- The collective and co-independency – standing for ourselves together even in the midst of all our differences and misunderstandings.
OPENLAB sessions are open to any performers: dancers, musicians, actors and anyone interested in presence and awareness in performance.
The facilitators of OPENLAB are also participants “in” the session and participants can propose their ideas for a future session. We are looking for proposals for facilitated sessions during the Summer Terms 2020. If you’d like to facilitate one of these sessions in the future come to one of our sessions to find out more or email Antonio de la Fe.
The OPENLAB sessions alternate between different facilitators. You can see the full programme for the Spring Term 2020 here.
The sessions function on a pay-what-you-can contribution basis to cover expenses and as an incentive for the facilitator of the session. We suggest a contribution of £7 for each session. Cash only.
Chisenhale Dance Space
64-84 Chisenhale Road