We Are Now
‘Facilitated OL’ session with Hannah Buckley
Saturday 27th May, 1-4 PM at Chisenhale Dance Space.
For my OPENLAB session, I am interested in creating an intergenerational space where women can come together, move together and have fun together.
My main question for this session is how can we celebrate women and intergenerational exchange through movement and performance?
Other questions relating to this session are:
- How can we create a space where adult / child and everything in between is equal? (ie. it’s not a workshop for children where adults can join in or visa versa).
- How can we be clear and also let things emerge?
- How do we care for everyone’s needs but move beyond social presumptions?
- How do I care for everyone’s needs but also challenge / explore / stay true to my artistic practice?
The session will involve a movement practice inspired by the American choreographer Deborah Hay, creative movement, improvised tasks, relaxation exercises and discussion.
Who is this session for?
- This OPENLAB session is a female identifying only space, although women are welcome to bring both female and male children / grandchildren / nephews / friends / etc. to the session
- The session is open to women of all ages.
- The session is open to any level of movement experience.
This OL session is part of research for my project We Are Now (WAN).
WAN is an ongoing video series and eventually an intergenerational live performance.
All elements of WAN celebrate intergenerational exchange and women.
The sessions function in a pay-what-you-can contribution basis to cover expenses and as an incentive for the facilitator of the session. We recommend £7 contribution for the ‘Facilitated OL’ sessions.
Get in touch: if you have any questions about this session send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVP? although you can just drop in on the day, there will be a limited amount of places. If you’re planning to come e-mail email@example.com so we have an idea of how many people to expect.